Passionate about building delightful and impactful products that make a difference ❤️.
Open-source contributor. Writer on Medium. Excited about tough problems, and always seeking to learn something new.
I'm a self-driven, motivated, and independent learner who discovered my passion for programming and software engineering midway through law school. I fought to minor in Computer Science (succeeded on my 3rd application) and applied successfully to read two highly competitive software and product engineering modules.
In my free time, I build and maintain side projects to learn new skills and technologies.
I write regularly on Medium. My articles have been published by various publications and distributed by Medium curators in a variety of topics from programming to software engineering.
National University of Singapore
Computer Science (Minor) - GPA: 4.76/5.0
Bachelor of Laws - Second-Upper Honors
- 2019: Dean’s List (top 10%)
- 2015 - 2019: Ranked top 50% of cohort for 4 years
- 2017: Overseas student exchange at UBC (NUS-UBC Lee Foundation Student Exchange Award)
- 2015: Awarded the NUS Study Award
- 2019: CS1010S Programming Methodology
- 2019: CS1010E Programming Methodology
- 2019: Code in the Community (taught Python to students under a Google-sponsored initiative for free coding classes)
Singapore Law Review: Deputy Chief Editor (Journal)
- Oversaw and managed the publication of the 35th volume of Asia’s oldest student-run legal journal.
- Coordinated peer-review of articles, supervised article editing teams, vetted and typeset articles for publication.
- Frameworks/libraries: Flow, iOS SDK, Jest, React, Redux, Redux-Saga
- Others: AWS, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Git
- Triplebyte generalist software engineer.
Facebook: Software Engineer
I work on the Search Discovery team.
Sea (Garena): Software Engineering Intern (iOS)
I worked on Booyah, a mobile game live-streaming application.
- Improved app responsiveness in poor network conditions. Optimized multiple image downloads in a collection view by implementing a priority queue to prioritize visible views.
- Designed an infinite scroll view and optimized it for performance and user experience.
- Profiled the performance of data-persistence utility components used across multiple teams and applications to uncover bottlenecks. Presented my findings at an internal knowledge-sharing session with company-wide iOS engineers.
ReferralCandy: Product Engineering Intern (Full Stack)
I worked on CandyBar, a digital punch card loyalty program.
- Collaborated with product managers and designers to build, QA, and release product features in weekly sprints.
- Fixed bugs, wrote tests, and improved documentation to enhance the quality of the codebase.
- Worked closely with Marketing to build new React components to improve SEO and create website content.
Trampolene: Software Engineering Intern (Front End)
- Conceptualized, designed, and built a single-page web application MVP from scratch using React and Redux.
- Initiated research and incorporation of new technologies (Flow, Jest, Enzyme) into the project to improve code quality.
- Wrote many functional tests to ensure the robustness of the application.
- Self-managed email alias service built with Serverless to run on AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, SES, S3).
- Showcased on Hacker News.
Partnered StaffAny (a workforce management startup) to develop a prototype to improve employee performance.
- Prototyped a rewards-tracking system (integrated with an existing workforce management app) to improve employee performance by up to 5% in test users.
- Architected, built, and deployed application backend.
- Set up CI & CD pipelines; maintained and documented API routes, implemented a HTTP API wrapper over database models to integrate seamlessly with 3rd-party resources.
Co-developed an iOS expense tracking application.
- Implemented a powerful, efficient, and flexible transaction tagging system (vs conventional categorical classification).
- Designed and wrote the base Transaction class, the Tag Manager, and the background location notification module.
- 4th most highly-voted project at NUS School of Computing 14th STePS (showcase of innovative student works).
- Built a Reddit bot that monitors for news article submissions in a subreddit of >200,000 users. Fetches, formats, and posts article bodies as Reddit comments.
- Started as a personal project (3rd iteration). Currently maintained collaboratively as an open-source project.